NetOp Remote Control is a tool developed by Danware that brings a complete solution for remote control at a professional level. Nowadays, the network is the natural environment in which information transfers and develops, and where the people work together. This create a completely new scenarios for collaboration and team work where is no longer needed to be in the same location or room to be able to work with a coworker. Now, the most common arrangement is teams composed by workers scattered wide world. In this context, a tool that allows you control a computer from thousands of miles away it’s not a fancy tool but an essential one.
NetOp Remote Control is composed by two modules: Host and Guest. The computer with the Host module installed is the one being visited or controlled by the computer with the Guest module installed. From the Host module you will configure communications and control parameters, meaning that you have full control to decide what you are allowing and which users can take control over your computer. An important aspect to remark of this tool is that it can run on several operating systems, so if you are a Mac user you can interact with a Windows user and vice versa.
All you will see of the application in a regular use is its system tray icon, which you can eliminate from there by choosing the “stealth mode” from the Configuration options of the program. From this icon you can access the following options by right-clicking on it:
- Restore/Show: This command will be Restore if the NetOp Host Window is minimized into a NetOp Host button and Show if the NetOp Host Window is on the screen but possibly hidden by other windows. Select it or double-click the NetOp Host button to show the NetOp Host Window in front of other windows.
- Exit: Select this command or the File Menu Exit command to unload NetOp Host.
- Connection List: Select this option to show a special window showing records of connected guests.
- History List: Select this option to show a special window showing records of connection events since the Host was last loaded.
- Request Help/Cancel Help: This command will be Request Help if the Host status is “running”. Select it or the Session Menu Request Help command or click the Toolbar Request Help button to Request Help. It will be Cancel Help if the Host status is Help Requested. Select it or the Session Menu Cancel Help command or click the Toolbar Cancel Help button to cancel a pending help request.
If Guests are connected to the Host, this menu will list a couple of extra options:
- Disconnect: If one Guest is connected, this command does not expand. Select it or the matching Session Menu command or click the Toolbar Disconnect button to disconnect. If multiple Guests are connected, this command will expand into these commands:
o All: Select this command or the Session Menu Disconnect command or click the Toolbar Disconnect button to disconnect all connected Guests.
o <Guest name>: Select this command to disconnect only the selected Guest.
- Suspend Connect: Select this command to check mark it to deny further Guest connections (default: unchecked). Select the check marked command to uncheck it to allow further Guest connections.
- Chat: If one Guest is connected, this command does not expand. Select it or the matching Session Menu command or click the Toolbar Chat button to start a Chat session with the Guest. If multiple Guests are connected, this command will expand into these commands:
o All: Select this command or the Session Menu Chat command or click the Toolbar Chat button to start a multi Chat session with all connected Guests.
o <Guest name>: Select this command to start a Chat session with only this Guest.
- Audio-Video Chat: Select this command or the matching Session Menu command or click the Toolbar Audio-Video Chat button to start an Audio-Video Chat session with the Guest that has keyboard and mouse control.
- Pass Control...: This command will be included if multiple Guests are connected. It expands into connected Guest name commands. The keyboard and mouse control Guest name command will be check marked and disabled. Select another Guest name command to pass keyboard and mouse control to this Guest check marking and disabling its command.
- It's a lightweight application.
- It delivers professional features of remote control.
- The web site doesn't include product pricing.
- Serial numbers are needed even for trial versions.